Steps in Tea Processing:
- Withering/ Wilting - Removing Moisture & Mild Oxidation
- Disruption - Kneading, Rolling, Tearing, and Crushing of leaves.
- Oxidation / Fermentation:
- Fixation: Heating of tea leaves.
- Rolling / Shaping
- Aging / Curing
Patients with following disease should drink green tea:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- High cholesterol levels
- Cariovascular disease - Heart patients
- impaired immune function
Health Benefits of Green Tea:
- Helps you lose weight
- Boosts exercise endurance
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Fights against various cancers
- Hydration benefits: Contrary to common belief that tea dehydrates,green tea provides hydration benefits similar to water.
- Protection from harmful ultraviolet rays
- Controls Diabetes
- Good for Brian & Memory
- Anti- Ageing benefits
- Boosts your immunity
- Green tea can help lower blood pressure
- Green tea can prevent bad breath - Antibacterial properties
Caffine in Green tea: Green Tea (in Japan) has 30mg caffeine per 200ml cup.