Organic Jaggery does not use toxic chemicals during its entire manufacturing process. Conventional sugar cane is grown with the use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides, and later processed with harsh chemicals during the conversion of sugar cane juice to refined sugar.
Benefits of Jaggery over refined white crystalline sugar.
- Contains trace minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and calcium.
- Rich taste as compared to refined sugar.
- Eating even a small piece of is is deeply satisfying.
Differences between jaggery and refined sugar
- Manufacturing Process: Refined sugar is processed using chemicals to clarify the cane sugar juice syrup whereas jaggery is produced by simply boiling this syrup without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Texture: Refined sugar is solid and crystalline whereas jaggery is soft and amorphous.
- Color: Refined sugar is bright white whereas jaggery's color can be among a shade of yellow or brown.
- Nutrition: Refined sugar is simply empty calories whereas molasses rich jaggery contains trace minerals.
- It cleans the blood.
- Good for anemic people, perfect source of iron.
- Maintain blood pressure levels due to low amounts of sodium.
- Reduces water retention in the body so controls weight of the body.
- Fights the free radicals in the body.
- Good for digestion.
- Rich in magnesium so helpful in relieving fatigue and relaxes muscles and nerves
- It prevents rheumatism